Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Phaith, Pharoah and a Phuture!

Isaiah 40:21-22 " Do you not know, have you not heard? Has it not been told to you from the beginning?
I just got back from vacation. I decided to reread the book of Isaiah. It's no surprise that it's a little different than I remember. I consistently refer to my favorite paasages, but there is more to it than that. Surprise number 1. The first 39 chapters are a relentless appraisal of a negative reality(no wonder the prophets were hated by people) The truth hurts. Surprise number 2. The reliance on Egypt for a defense. God wants to defend and protect his people."Hey guys I'm OMNIPOTENT maybe you can trust me." But we talk ourselves into protection from horses and chariots, things we can count, things we can see. Final surprise... Isaiah 40:28-31. In the midst of so many people doing wrong God still steps into our lives with a heart for bringing strength to the weary, power for the weak, understanding for the confused, a reason for hope, renewed strength, the joy of soaring, the ability to run without tiring and to walk and keep on walking. If your in need of clarity of what God does for his people open up to Isaiah 40-41.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.