Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter I Samuel 15-17

        Thanks to those of you who are following this blog. I pray it has been a blessing to you as we are on this journey to know Christ together.  I pray that a great joy and gratitude would well up inside for our Redeemer. I pray you had a great day of celebration this Easter!!

I Samuel 15-17

       I am trying to go back and finish off some days where I didn't blog. Today's story of Saul is typical. God gave him certain instructions about what was to be done with the spoils of war. God seemed to change up the scenario historically. It required paying attention and obedience. Saul , like many of us, was not really very good with either.
       I Sam 15:21 Saul reveals a general theme throughout is time of leadership..."The people took the spoil, the sheep, the oxen etc..." For Saul, the fault was always to be placed on everyone else, never taking ownership for his faults. It's a bad place to find ourselves, but extremely common. Own it, repent, be forgiven, walk a new way. It's way better than denial!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.