Friday, March 1, 2013

Deut 5-7 The Greatest Thing

March 1st, Deuteronomy 5-7

       This mornings passage contains one of the great sections that is a priority in doing what we talked about yesterday...pushing the reset button.For Jewish people this is a prayer to be said morning and evening... 
Deuteronomy 6:4-9

       4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a](A) Love(B) the Lord your God with all your heart(C) and with all your soul and with all your strength.(D) These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.(E) Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.(F) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.(G) Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

       There is a wholeness in this expression. To love God with all that I am, help a generation younger than me be inspired by the greatness of God and my willingness to conform to his way. To do that in the normal everyday parts of life. When I sit at home, when I walk around the market. It's the first thing on my mind when I get up and the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep. The physical tangible reminders needed because we all need something tangible to remember. 
       So far the book of Deuteronomy has been a constant reminder of all things that fill our minds with awe about God and the one things he asks of us...to simply obey and live in his strength and blessings. Read the story today of God choosing these people and longing to be a blessing to them...to you...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.