Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Luke 12-13 Truth, Grace and Time

October 28th, Luke 12-13

       Truth-Grace-Time
        This is the theme for my Bonsai page. it reflects the passage in Luke 13:6-9. In it the owner of a vineyard notices a fig tree that doesn't produce anything, he demands the keeper of the vineyard should have it be chopped down. Land in a vineyard is meant to be productive(TRUTH). Why should this tree waste the soil here? Valid question!
       GRACE: The keeper knows there are some things he could do to try and make something different happen. Let me dig around it and backfill it with some fertilizer. There is a problem with the roots if there are no fruits, so let me tend to that. Grace is in order, it will take less time to get this tree healthy than to get another one mature and ready to bear fruit. A little investment in the root of the matter, a little grace will go along way.
       Time: It's not going to be fixed tomorrow. Fertilizer needs time to cause something new. This year I moved my blueberry bushes to my front yard where they get sun all day, you wouldn't believe the difference. I can't wait to see what two years of sun will bring. Fig trees usually bear two crops a year. The invitation to a year was to go through two fruiting cycles. 
       Time…growth takes time. Growth takes truth, what we find in God's word, what we discover should be true about us in this journey of faith. We need exposure to the truth. Growth takes grace. Grace to get us from point A to point B. Growth has a time period between what we know ought to be true about us and what is true about us(hint: others need that too). Growth takes time. Every year a tree can only put on so much growth. Sapling to mature tree is a process.
       Truth, Grace, Time it's true for you , it's true for me, it's true for my bonsai. When I teach my bonsai class the typical comment is…"I notice you use the word "Years" a lot." Yes, yes I do. Good health this year means something different next year. Take a longer view of things and see what happens, TRUTH, GRACE, TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.