Friday, August 30, 2013

Ezk 1-4 390 Days!

Ezk 1-4   390 Days!

Guest Blogger Cheri Hudspith – sister to Terry

As I was reading the first four chapters of Ezekiel, I was feeling anxious.  I believe these chapters relate to why so many of us express fear about discovering what God desires from us! 

What if He asks us to do the equivalent of lying down on our left side and talking about things people don’t want to hear about for 390 days?!? And then, flip to our right side for 40 more days.  Think about that for a minute. 430 days!

Ezekiel inspires me. He has a very submissive response. He expresses one simple concern. May my heart be like that when God wants me to do something that seems impossible from the very beginning. Wow! Even the concern Ezekiel voices is related to his desire to honor God with his life. What a picture of devotion and submission.

I find comfort in thinking that if I’d seen the vision that Ezekiel saw that I’d be feeling pretty submissive too. Maybe... hopefully. I am reminded that God gives us what we need to avoid running scared. Part of my journey has been learning to assume this is true about God. At this point, I am persuaded that He prepares both our lives and the pathway forward.  I’m grateful to be reminded of this again today.


www.beloved-daughter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.