Thursday, August 15, 2013

Jer 10-13 God has some snappy comebacks!!

August 15th, Jeremiah 10-13

       I love the Q and A session between God and Jeremiah, I especially love God's answer in chapter 12..."If you have raced with men on foot and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses?" We try to come up with some sort of logic to find answers we want. When it comes to asking God questions, you really need to be prepared for answers that might be at the speed of a race horse and not the speed of mankind.
       Jeremah asks the same questions many prophets and many people ask.."Why does the way of the wicked prosper, why do all who are treacherous thrive?" Part of the irritaing answer for people is simple...God Loves People. We don't serve a petty God who gives favors to the teacher's pets and sends everyone else to detention. The cows on Christian dairy farms don't give more milk that cows on non-Christian dairy farms, because God loves people. This is the good news for all of us, as all of us were once enemies of God. If God didn't love his enemies he would have never loved any of us after the fall.
       So the real question is why does God discipline his children. I have different expectations of my children than I do of my children's friends who spent the night. We used to tease one of CJ's friends that CJ was my "Blood Boy," and that his friend was my "Water Boy." I feed, house, provide for, love and discipline my blood boy. For my water boy, I provide the recipe for Dump Cake!!
       God disciplines his children because his children want to play in the street, eat sugar, be mean to their siblings, lack respect that is due theirs authorities, all in all need correction and a good path to walk on. When it's time, correction is needed because there is a realization of a better way to walk in life. God knows this better way with a clarity that is spot on. If he's speaking to you...just listen and stop asking the questions people ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.