Saturday, August 3, 2013

Isaiah 28-30 Trusting/Praising the Potter

August 1st, Isaiah 28-30

       There are two well known sets of verses from chapter 29. The first one says... People draw near me with their mouth and honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me. Their fear is a commandment taught by men.  I've heard people quote that verse often but never hear the next verse which says in essence...because of this I will do wonder upon wonder. God's response to mankind's failure is not what you would think.
       The second is the reference to the potter and the clay. Who are we, as the clay, to question how the potter chooses to create us. Or to accuse our creator of  lacking understanding. A right perspective  changes how you see things.
       Simple instructions... Offer an honest heartfelt praise and celebrate how the potter has made you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.