Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ex 33-35 The Shining, not like the movie...

January 29th, Exodus 33-35
       Here's the great things happening in this story with these people(who aren't much different than you or I):

       1. When God tells them to leave but that he is not going with them, they finally have the sense that this                                                         would be bad and Moses asks for a different plan. Asking God for help!!!
       2. When Moses meets with God at the meeting place, a cloud rests on the entrance. Everyone goes to their door of their own tent and worships. People know God is meeting with their leader and they worship as they watch!
       3. A replayed theme but God wants to bless His people, just don't worship other gods. So clear yet so difficult.
       4. Giving to God is a joy!

       Finally the fun part of the story today is this deal about Moses skin condition. After chillin' with God for forty days, Moses face was visibly different. Shining and glowing such that people were intimidated by it. Part of the story is where God hides Moses in a rock outcropping and allows him to see just the back of Himself. It reminds me of the lady who touches Jesus robe in the crowd. Jesus says, "Hold everything, someone just touched me, I felt power go out from me."
       Just a touch, just a glimpse would make make my face look different (insert joke here), heal my sickness, bring Jesus as a dinner guest to my home tonight(Zacchaeus)  and the presence of God in my life would change me in such a way that my friends and family would see it.
       If you've witnessed Christ's work in someone would you let them know that this week. I see the shine, the healing, the evidence of God working in your life. Tell them how much your blessed by it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.