Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Psalms 103-105 Proclamation

July 3rd, Psalms 103-105

       What an intro...ever been part or witnessed a great inspiring start...And They're Off!!!

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
      who forgives all your sins, who heals all your diseases,
      who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
      who satisfies youth with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

       After the last two days of these Psalms, I am reminded of something I know about myself that I have to keep in check. Here me say this in the monotone AA meeting kind of voice...

Hello My name is Terry White and I'm a cynic!! (Hello Terry)

       CA: Not California but Cynics Anonymous. Some of you are in the Optimist club. Your a blessing to me(some days: some days I wonder if you don't need a reality check about how "great" everything is!!). But for those of us in the CA, I warn you as I warn myself...cynicism is not one of the fruits of the Spirit. Joy,peace, patience are and a psalm like this remind me of one of my tasks in life; Bless the Lord O My soul, ALL THAT IS WITHIN ME, bless his holy name.
       I encourage you to read Psalm 103 out loud today. Warn your family or roomates, but proclaim it with your audible voice. Proclaim it like you mean it, say it like a presentation to an audience in a football stadium. "May the words of my lips and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight."

There is something powerful in the act of proclamation when our words express what's going on in our heart...may it be so and may your day be different because of Christ alive in you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.