Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Jer 4-6, Finding Rest is Hard Work

August 13th, Jeremiah 4-6

Random thoughts from today's passage...

4:22       May it never be said of me that I was wise at being evil...
5:12       May I not speak falsely saying "God won't care if I walk in sin"...
5:22       God placed the boundary of the sea, waves toss but won't prevail, they can roar all they want.
5:24       I serve a God who gives rain in season and maintains us 'til the harvest.
6:14       I don't want to offer people false hope, saying "peace, peace" when there is no peace.
6:16      A favorite verse....
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
 ask for ancient paths, 
ask where the good way is and walk in it, 
and you will find rest for your souls."

Can't top that!!

Finding rest,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.