Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lamentations 3-5 God Cares About It, We Should Too

August 29th, Lamentations 3-5

       Today I am reminded of good ol' AW Tozer. Tozer was a modern day prophet, wrote a lot of books. He is famous for his 5 vows which are as follows, I vow to...

1. Deal thoroughly with sin
2. Give God glory in all things
3. Never speak negatively about anyone
4. Never own anything
5. Never defend myself

       If you want to know more about that list, just type "Tozers 5 Vows" in your web browser and you'll find lots of articles by him and others. It's a good read.

       Today I am reminded of the first vow...deal thoroughly with sin. Sin is like the weeds in my flowerbeds. I don't seem to have enough energy to fight it all the time, and yet if I don't the weeds get big, produce seed and make my work even bigger. Sin has a way of creating a mess in our lives. Sin created a huge mess in this passage.

"The kings of the earth did not believe, 
nor any of the inhabitants of the world, 
that foe or enemy could enter the gates of Jerusalem."

       Sin is a lot more costly than we think. It costs our lives, families, churches, and our nation. Sin really matters and a vow of our life should be to deal thoroughly with it. I even think people have changed Tozer's expression. I think he used to say "deal ruthlessly with sin." One way or another sin will be ruthless on us or us on it. Take note of the path of God's chosen people and see how much God cares about sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.