Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Daniel 10-12 Ask Me What I Know

September 18th, Daniel 10-12

       Ask me what great thing I know! You might be impressed, you might be left wanting! People ask a lot of things, people ask a lot of things of God. Daniel asked something of God. God's response..."Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the end of time." If Daniel is anything like anyone who asks a question, that answer is not really what you were hoping for.
       Daniel's question is related to the questions we all would like to know about, "O my Lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?" So we already heard God's response, but go ahead and ask me what I know? of all the future questions we could ever ask, here's what i know...God wins and the wicked will perish. The details are are shut up and not available, because in the end our trust isn't in knowing the outcome it's rooted in an omnipotent, omniscient God. Let us not steal the joy and task of trust that we are called to. A non-anxious presence through the storms of life.
Storm on the Sea of Galilee
       One of my favorite Rembrandt paintings. Ask me what I know. Sometimes it's difficult to trust what the outcome will be. Sometimes it seems God doesn't care. Sometimes all I can see is the storm. What will be the outcome? There are things I want to know...now? NOW! We want to cure our anxiety by knowing the future. That is a myth. The cure for anxiety is in knowing the one who knows the future and trusting him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.