Friday, November 8, 2013

John 9-10 I was_____ but now I ____

November 8th, John 9-10

       Isn't it obvious! If someone is blind, it's because his parents sinned or he sinned, which is it Jesus? Automatic assumptions like these demonstrate a world view. This question makes so much sense to the people of this day, they can't imagine something else. Birth defects, sickness is all the fault of the individual, therefore why should we bother with them. If you want to escape from caregiving and rise to power cause your healthy, it's the society for you.
       In the long run this story of the healed blind man reveals the power of testimony. Arguments about healing on the Sabbath, how can a man who is a sinner do such signs? The bringing in of parents who refuse to testify for the sake of their own son for fear of the Pharisees. People acting like they know something but witnessing this man who defies all my logic…frustrated and confused they bring the blind man back.
       "Give glory to God. We know that this man is a sinner." Tell us something different because yuor first testimony forces me to rethink what I think. The blind man's answer  demonstrates this power of testimony… You guys think you know something about his status as a sinner. I'm telling you, I don't really know much about that. Here's what I do know…"I was blind, now I see."
       The rest of the narrative is a worthy read. In the end the testimony speaks for itself. God has changed my life, do with that what you will? What's your testimony. Your story might not be so miraculous, neither is mine…and yet... all of our stories are miraculous and filled with change rooted in the power of God who makes things new. What's your story? When you tell it; some will listen, some will not. But faithful proclamation of I was…. but now I…. will find a listening ear and by God's grace and work create another...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.