Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Chron 12-14 I played my best for Him

May 5th, I Chronicles 12-14

       Our Best Gifts for the Lord

       After reading about some of David's mighty me, you can't help but be impressed. It is an assembly of top quality people. Capable, famous, experienced experts. The kind of thing you want around when the challenge ahead is tough. These gifts to God's mission are top notch and a welcome sight for David.
       It reminds me of a line from the Christmas Carol, Little Drummer Boy,  "I played my best for Him." It wasn't a practice session, I didn't pick some easy, lame, number. No, I played my best, I brought my best.
       The verse before presents some of the same problems we might feel...
                Little Baby
                I am a poor boy too
                I have no gift to bring
                That's fit to give the King

       It's a mindset that we can have about ourselves...it's just not true. The reason we feel that way is because we see another gift and wish we could do that, be like that. David needed warriors for this moment in history. Some kid used his slingshot all childhood and now he has an opportunity to serve David. It's just for this moment though. I know the drummer boy is a fictional song, but the same is true...for one moment their is a chance to use your skill, to play your best.
       Each one of us is gifted by God. It might be used for many of your days, or your life might be one big practice session for one moment in your life. So let us prepare, and let us be ready. Let us not compare to the gifts we see others giving, but be on the steady course of preparing ourselves for a moment to play our best for Him. When the occasion arises, we'll be ready to bring honor to our King!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.