Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Job 38-39 God has a way that can be trusted

June 12th, Job 38-39

       Job's friends have caused us to read carefully. Having to pause to consider bad arguments and if they hold anything we should value... it's like work. Yesterday was a breath of fresh air because at least that friend turned the conversation to God and spoke a series of true things about God for which we can rejoice. I let my guard down, the longer it went on, because I stopped feeling compelled to sort it out so much.
       Today is God's turn to chime in, say what he wants to say. It's nice to just read it and have no sorting to do. It's all valuable because it's from God. Not that I wouldn't desire some clarification on some points, but at least I don't have to sort out what's right from what's wrong.
       God's message: "I know what I'm doing and I do a lot." In an age where science has explained even more details to us, the list of God's forethought in creation has a magnitude to it that is overwhelming. God's running it all, no detail goes unnoticed. I'm guessing it's the set up for tomorrow's chapters...I know what's going on with you.
        Can I say with certainty that the Lord is good and his mercy endures forever. I'm down with that while things are going well, can I say that with my heart in all the loss. God has a way that can be trusted, praise be to God for stepping into the storyline and reminding us of who he is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.