Thursday, June 13, 2013

Job 40-42 Restoration and clarity

June 13th, Job 40-42

       God doesn't answer to us, we answer to him and that is the beginning of understanding. We long for God to be our friend and it has it's time and place, but God is not our equal. His demand of our worship is not a gift for him, it's a gift for us and it's easy to turn that around.
       Job makes a confession that's good for all of us..."I uttered what I did not understand...I heard of you with my ears, now my eyes see you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." There is some clarity in the magnitude of God. In the pain of Job's experience things get get said that need to be snapped back into reality. One of those for all of us is this, God can do what he wants, without our counsel or consent. Our response should be Job's initial one...The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.
        Job's friends get in trouble with God. "you have not spoken for me what was right as Job has."
       I like the connection for God's restoration to come AFTER Job prayed for his friends. Forgiveness has it's lessons everywhere in our life. Job's fortune was doubled for all his trouble and he died an old man FULL of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.