Monday, June 17, 2013

Psalms 21-25 Strength

June 17th, Psalms 21-25

       In the past one of the exercises I have done as I read through the psalms is to pick out one attribute of God and simply ponder. So as I read through today's chapters the word Strength stuck out at me. So.....

Strength
       Specifically God's strength, in it the King rejoices. What does it mean to live in the strength of another? How have there been times in my past when my strength was not enough and I relied on that of another person? How did that go? When things are going well it's tough to imagine because I naturally don't want to have to need from others. But I certainly know in recent years, I've come to grips with weakness.
       In over my head makes "needing strength" more obvious. I think of the verse about God being the strength of my heart. I think about the comparative strength between God and I. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing, how seldom God's strength gets pulled into situations.
       Some days I wish I had an enemy to destroy. It seems more vivid and real to have someone stand opposed who is more vast and strong than yourself. Weakness is more obvious, strength more desperately needed.
       What would it look like to live in the strength of God and not my own? How far am I from realizing that? Why does Christianity seem to be filled with so much weakness when the God of the universe is offering His strength? How do I walk in something new and stop growing weaker trying to muster my own strength?
       Lord I realize I need to learn to walk in new ways. Thanks for your strength that you offer your people, forgive me for the fool's errand of trying to live in my own. Help me to call on your name this day, for things beyond me (recognizing them faster) and learning to need from you instead of trying to supply myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.