Saturday, June 22, 2013

Psalm 46-50 Fortress

June 22nd, Psalms 46-50

       It's a joy to witness the giftedness of others. That takes a lot of forms. From friends who can memorize phone numbers, rattle off chapter and verse, have photographic memories, to the more standard things. Gifted musicians, artists, athletes and in today's case writers. The writer of Psalm 46 is an artist with words.

46:4-7
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
   God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall 
   he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.

      The strength of this city of God, lush with water, filled with the presence of God. All this chaos surrounds her, kingdoms fighting, rising, falling. God speaks and the earth melts at the sound of his voice. How BIG is your God? How BIG is my God? How BIG is our God?
       God is with us. He is our Fortress

Fortress
Robin Mark

I have found a fortress in the living God
I have made, the sovereign Lord my refuge
And my voice will tell of all his saving grace
Though the depths of which no man could measure
In the days of plenty, in the days of want
I will sing my praise to you alone
For there's no heart greater than the Father's heart
And there's no love sweeter than the Son

That this love pursued us is a mystery
For the heart is base and You are Holy
Yet the streams of mercy that flow over me
Will afford me grace to stand in glory
Where with men and angels
Where with slaves and kings
I will sing my praise to you alone
For there's no heart greater than the Father's heart
And there's no love sweeter than the Son

Warning: The graphics are a bit cheesy, the song "Fortress" is grand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.