Monday, September 23, 2013

Amos 6-9 The best tool ever...

September 23rd, Amos 6-9

       I have a few items in my office related to themes here in the OT. Scales, a plumb bob, and a gyroscope are all tools to help keep you from guessing so you can actually know. The scale let's me actually know the weight. A plumb line let's me know an exact point on the floor from an exact point on a ceiling. A gyroscope allows a plane flying in a cloud to know if it's wings are level with each other or level with the horizon.
       Sometimes circumstances create a vertigo that our senses can't fix. The only way to get it figured out is to have something that is always right be at our disposal. Guessing leads to mistakes, leads to redo's, leads to time lost and trouble and in the case of a pilot who can't read his instruments...death. Many a wall would not have had to be rebuilt with a plumb line. Time, money, aggravation, each have a cost of their own.
       We create a lot of tools for our work and our hobbies. Tools that meet a functional need... someone ought too invent a... that would make... easier. A thought expressed millions of times in the course of humanity.
       It's almost as if there should be a tool to make life go better. Something that would show the horizon correctly, something that could be relied on for the sake of justice, something that would keep me from starting a project in the wrong place. Something that could keep my life on track along with my relationships, my work, my time. I sure wish God would have gone to great lengths to make a tool like that, a manual like that ...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea, Jesus example is a good start how he lead his 33 short years, we can't be him, but that doesn't mean we can't do our best to learn from him,

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.