Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Daniel 7-9 Monsters INC, The power of weird!

September 17th, Daniel 7-9

       Understatement of the story...after seeing visions of beasts with horns, eyes, and horns with eyes and a mouth, Daniel's observation of his day "my spirit within me was anxious, and the visions of my head alarmed me.". He even goes on to say..."my color changed." But, "I kept the matter in my heart."
       There is something strange about the interactions that people have with God...they are a little strange and people tend to not forget them.God's not trying to be alarming, but I think he will do what it takes to grab our attention. Daniel was so disturbed it says he was sick sick for days, appalled and lost about what was going on. Note: God didn't just come in and solve it because Daniel felt bad. God's not being a jerk, and our running around to make everyone feel good doesn't always help.
       Daniel has a levelheaded response to God in chapter 9. Prayer, asking for mercy, fasting, confession and a favorite line from verse 18, "For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy." Two very different stances before the Lord. Two stances still held thousands of years later. What's our stance when things get weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.