Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ezekiel 46-48 An Average day with an Above Average God

September 14th, Ezekiel 46-48

       I can't tell if it's allergy season, too early in the morning(I am a morning person), or being in the prophets for a little too long, but I have a confession... It's one of those confessions I feel like maybe is a sign of something wrong with me, something I should fix more than express openly. Something that might make you think less of me. Are you ready, here it is...
       I've come to the end of my rope caring about when the gate should be open, how many cubits the door is, or if one goes straight after passing through the gate or if they take a sharp right turn, or if one should use a third of a hin of oil or a fourth of a hin of oil to moisten the flour.
       So I'm sitting here wondering if it's okay for me to feel this way or if it demonstrates some lack inside of me. God's Holy, Sacred Word should be stirring up something else inside of me.
       Maybe I'm too much like Pavlov's dog thinking bells should drive me to drool and get a treat. Every interaction with the Bible should be grand experience of adrenaline rush. Today it's a story about where to boil the meat and bake the bread so that we don't transmit holiness to people. If anything got me going it was that.
        Sometimes God simply asks us to obey. that obedience doesn't always part the Red Sea or brings thousands to Christ. So far today has been good, maybe grand inspiration will come later. Maybe it'll be another average day with an above average God and that's good enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.