Monday, December 16, 2013

Ezekiel 9-12 A Sanctuary in my self-made storm. Thanks God!

December 16th, Ezekiel 9-12

       As frustrated as God is with his people, who go out of their way to offend him, you can see the heart of God even in the midst of His correction. 11:16 "Therefore say: This is what the sovereign Lord says; Although I sent them far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries, yet for a little while i have been a sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone." A really valuable understanding is that God owes us nothing. In the midst of a much needed punishment, God is still providing a sanctuary for His people.
       Think about a time when someone has been so annoying that sending them away or watching them leave was a great delight and a weight off of your soul…or is that just me! Imagine caring and providing for them during their time away.
       One thing that I really enjoy about God is the lack of pettiness in the midst of His dealings with us. I am more than willing to slip in a comment, make my disgust known in ways that aren't always a source of help. In the midst of discipline God still remains an asset to His people while I am generally more interested in taking off the "et"
       However people choose to read through the prophets and God's interactions with people, make sure you remember a great patience and willingness of provision even when people stood opposed to God. All I know is that I need to say thanks a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.