Sunday, December 15, 2013

Job 24-28 Saying no to crazy and yes to Jesus

December 15th, Job 24-28

       In an attempt to go back and write about some missed chapters throughout the year, it is hard to get into the context and flow of the passage. It's also hard coming off of a Sunday of hope and transformation and good advice to young people to enter back into the story of Job.
       A story of heartache and loss. A story of friends misconceptions and accusations. It's hard enough for us to have clarity in hard times, when your friends live in an automatic assumption of your guilt causing your trouble, how do you talk them out of it.
       Job " I will never admit you are right" ... Because you aren't!! "I will maintain my innocence and never let go of it"  Years of ministry have taught me a few things. One is that many people will have many things they demand of you, much of it won't make any sense! My ONLY obligation is to have a clear conscience before my God. Sometimes good words come from people, so I don't want to ignore it completely, but like Job, we have to sort out truth from the bad advice of Job's friends who have lived in my life and yours.
       You and I have to be in tune with the Lord. Living in the conviction that comes from Him. Always saying no to "crazy" and yes to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.