Sunday, December 15, 2013

Isaiah 36-41 Prepare the way

December 15th, Isaiah 36-41

        A great passage to be revisited. Isaiah 40..."A voice cries: in the wilderness prepare the way of The Lord. Make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up and every mountain and hill made low... And the glory of The Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall se it together, for the mouth of The Lord has spoken."
       Something great has a season of preparation. It would be nice if great things just happened. I find it interesting as I think about the story of Joh. The Baptist and Jesus.  Why does Jesus need some one to prepare the way?
        A lot of speculation could take you down many paths. God doesn't owe me an explanation and grasping at straws forces strange ideas to be held on to for no real reason. Here's what I know. The way is to be prepared. It's the way God works. Some plant seeds, some water, but The Lord alone causes seeds to grow.
       It's also represented in leadership. I have been blessed by a preparation that has not been mine. Parents, grandparents, ancestors, pastors, friends,family, brothers and sisters in Christ. Their preparation for live has blessed me in ways I could never count.
       It's my hope and prayer to prepare the way for others. Thanks Lord, for this invitation, creating a way for us to create away through you alive in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.