Monday, February 25, 2013

Num 33-34 Keep track, Rejoice, Repeat. Keep track, Rejoice, Repeat

February 25th, Numbers 33-34

       At the Lord’s command Moses recorded the stages in their journey. Numbers 33:2
       I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out of his way to be real structured. I like figuring things out in the moment for the most part. However I do recognize the value of writing some things down, so that next year when I do the same thing I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Maybe my age and memory are catching up to me. I do this more than I used to.  This is the important part of knowing how you need help. I need an administrator around me who loves to keep track of things because it generally falls outside of my interest!!
       The thing that caught my attention this morning was that it was God's command for Moses to keep track of their journey. Why keep track???
       Now I get to talk bonsai!! I have always wanted to keep a photo journal of my trees. People give instruction to others based on a series of pictures. Here's where I started 8 years ago with this tree. Here's where it is 8 years later. The difference is always astounding. (See Paragraph 1) I do not get to do this because I have failed in keeping track, even though all along I knew I should. Keeping track of where I've been.
        Our spiritual walk has the same issue. Growth is slow. From one week to the next, you and I might not see what is becoming new in us. Over time, if we had a written/pictorial record we would be able to see what God has done, is doing in our journey of faith. Like the marks of growth we make on the wall so our children will see their progress, you and I are growing, we are becoming more like Christ. Find a way to keep track and rejoice with each new stage of the journey. No rush, no pressure just loving God more and more each day. A step here, a step there, before you know it, a life that reflects Christ.

Grace and Peace on the Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.