Thursday, October 24, 2013

Luke 2-3 Chaos, Lost Child, Last Event

October 24th, Luke 2-3

       A thousand thoughts running through my head makes it difficult to focus on the matters at hand...a devotional thought. In the middle of the chaos that surrounds, how to you come to grips with what you ought to notice.
       Jesus' parents have a focus problem traveling to and from the Temple. You'd think that when they left they would have thought about if they had their kid or not.It's hard to fathom traveling in such a large family group that you would just assume that one of Jesus' uncles would have know where he was! I would be more harsh, but I do believe one of our kids was left behind at church one Sunday morning with the repeated phrase between Leah and I..."I thought you had them!"
       In this story we do find a focused character. He's one of my favorite, little known, characters from the Christmas story, Simeon. Simeon was told that he would not die before he saw Christ. His interaction with Jesus and the words spoken to Mary are a worthy read. Check it out in Luke 2:22-38.
       I need a little focus this morning. I need a little Simeon-like awareness of important matters. Like Simeon...in my own unique way, I need to lift up Christ in the chaos of the Temple and rejoice in the "Glory to your people" that is Jesus.
       "In the chaos, in confusion, I know, your sovereign still."  
              None But Jesus Song by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.