Saturday, October 26, 2013

Luke 6-7 Old Dog, New Tricks…Good Day

October 26th, Luke 6-7

       Let me introduce you…Rubber, meet road,,,Road, meet rubber. Luke 6:27ff

  • Love your enemies
  • Do good to those who hate you
  • Bless those who curse you
  • Pray for those who abuse you
  • To the one who hits you on the cheek, offer the other as well
  • If one takes your coat, give him your tunic
  • Give to everyone who begs from you
  • If someone takes your goods don't demand them back
  • Do to others as you want them to do to you
Luke 6:35ff
  • Love your enemies
  • Do good to them
  • "Lend, expect nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful."

       Growth point for the year is found in the bold words. I have been tolerant and irritated by the ungrateful and thus not acting like my Father in Heaven. Forgive me Lord for the countless ways I find myself living counter to you. Thanks for your grace that covers over sins I am unaware of and lead me on paths of righteousness for the sake of your name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.