Friday, July 26, 2013

Eccles 9-12 - A Wild Ride

July 26th, Ecclesiastes 9-12
Guest Blogger Cheri Hudspith - sister to Terry

Reading Ecclesiastes feels like a wild ride. I'm never sure where it's headed next. I'm not always clear how I got where I am. I'm certain that I'm not going to stay long in any place. Life feels like that sometimes too.

When I arrived at 12:13, I was pretty relieved.

"The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

The patterns of this world don't always make sense. The will of God does not always make sense.

It might even be a waist of time, at points, to try to figure the world and God out. So I will focus on being in awe of God. I will desire to care about his instructions for wise and good living. I am reminded to hold onto the perspective that says that I can't really control anything. But, I can pay attention to the things named in this verse.

Fasten your seat belts. Raise your arms. Here we go!

www.beloved-daughter.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.