Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Psalms 133-139; 139 Wrestled into our understanding

July 10th, Psalms 133-139

Psalm 139

      Let me get this straight; God knows everything about me...when I sit, rise, what I think. He knows my path, when I lie down and all my ways. While words are forming in my head he knows them before I speak. There is no place I could be that he isn't there. Even if I tried to hide in the darkest of places, the night is as bright as day to him. It's hard to believe that people have fallen into a trap of believing this idea of self-esteem. I think if Jesus could interact with us he would tell us that the day you forgot yourself would be better than the day you found yourself.
       As a witness of God's creation I see that God has put things together and they are very, very good. So God has knit me together and I am a result of the workmanship of God. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God's works are wonderful. I was created for the days that were formed for me even when there were no days.
       God's thoughts about me have an incalculable number, and to think that we spend any amount of time running from this. As much as we evaluate our lives and come to the honest appraisal that we fall short there is a startling witness that "He who knew no sin, became sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."
       Thank you Lord for knowing me, and loving me. Offering a gift that is not rooted in any of my qualities, but solely rooted in a love I can't even pretend to understand. Lord continue this work of allowing me to let go of my need to validate myself in my own eyes, but rather let me become less so you can become more. "Search me O God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts! See if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way ever lasting."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.