Friday, June 14, 2013

Psalm 1-8 Theology meets real life

June 14th, Psalm 1-8

       The disadvantage of reading straight through the Bible is that we don't get to linger too long in the book of Psalms. Psalms is a book where theology meets life. The glory of the Almighty dwelling in a fallen world. It's moments of clarity about the great, wonder of God and heart ache for sin and enemies. Coming to grips with what I believe about God paired with my current experience. David wrote much of the Psalms and David lived in the highs and lows of life. It's easy to make a connection with David as he is trying to make a connection with God.
       My heart is to get people into God's word. Here are the themes fromt he first 8 books that might capture your attention...

Chapter 1: Most believe this chapter was selected to be #1. Wisdom looks like a certain kind of tree
Chapter 2: Know your place with the King
Chapter 3: How many are my foes, Lord I need your help
Chapter 4: I see what you've done for me, I need more help, I lie down in peace because of you.
Chapter 5: I will commit my ways to you, all who take refuge in you rejoice!!
Chapter 6: A deep groan of pain, God hears me and accepts my prayer.
Chapter 7: Confession of sin, Thanks to the Lord
Chapter 8: God is to be praised, How majestic is his name!!

       In a few chapters you can run the whole spread of human emotions. Read a few and tell a friend what great thing inspired you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.