Thursday, June 27, 2013

Psalms 74-77 Ahhh... How Majestic!!

June 27th, Psalms 74-77

       Todays blog is brought to you by the number 7 and the letters Z and H. Also by the word "Majesty." It's a lovely word, I don't use it much in everyday language. It seems to have a broad meaning.
       The first idea seems to be that of royalty and ships. "HMS" is the intro to British ships. Her majesty, your majesty, words that don't roll off of the tongue of an American. The second place my mind races is nature. "Purple Mountains Majesty" The idea of an awe-inspiring scene in nature that is majestic. Beautiful, overwhelming... "O Lord our Lord how Majestic is your name in all of the earth."
       Sometimes I wonder if I even know the real definition to a word, so I look up majestic.
              adj: having or showing impressive beauty or dignity.
       No wonder I'm confused, it does have a few components. A spectacular beauty or an awareness of the presence of someone very great. (Someone dignified, which is different from someone popular, to bad people can't identify the difference very well these days.)
       I pray we see well enough to witness the spectacular beauty of God. That whatever version of hero worship lives in us would always be on a much more grand scale when it comes to God. I got God's autograph this weekend, you'll never guess who I met today and got a picture with...GOD.


          "Majesty, Majesty, forever I am changed by your love, in the presence of your majesty."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.