Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Psalms 70-73 A big enough portion

June 26th, Psalms 70-73

Portion

Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

       God is my portion. The part I get, the part that is mine. "My portion should be bigger" I tell myself. I've lost sight of what a portion really is. A 12 oz glass a six oz piece of meat a cup of pasta, a 2000 calorie diet. Portions become skewed and I think I need more than I think I need. I might go hungry (yeah right!!).
       I hear that God is my portion, I wonder if I really know what it means to be satisfied with the portion given me. Would I, could i believe that any portion of God almighty would be enough for me or would I really want more. My desire for more is evidence of a failed understanding concerning how much of God is enough for me. My human nature to acquire more, posses more... erodes a contentment that my wife is able to display, but for me seems elusive.
      "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." The portion that God has granted me now is the portion that will be forever. God's not less available to me now than he will be in eternity. That's a cool thought this morning. It all reminds me of the song "Enough."
     
       All of you is more than enough for
              All of me, for every thirst and
       Every need, you satisfy me
              With your love and all I have in you
       Is more than enough (with an exclamation point! not a question mark?)

A portion of God will never be less than enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.