Saturday, June 15, 2013

Psalms 9-16 Variety, just like my life

June 15th, Psalms 9-16

The Highlights!!

       Psalm 9:1-2 
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
    I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
Psalm 10:14
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
    you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
    you are the helper of the fatherless.
Psalm 11:7
For the Lord is righteous,
    he loves justice;     the upright will see his face.
Psalm 12:5-6
“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
    I will now arise,” says the Lord.
    “I will protect them from those who malign them.”
And the words of the Lord are flawless,
    like silver purified in a crucible,
    like gold[a] refined seven times.

Psalm 13 1-2, 5-6
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?

But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.
Psalm 14:1
The fool[a] says in his heart,  “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
    there is no one who does good.
Psalm 15:5b
"Whoever does these things will never be moved."
That's my attempt to get you to go read the list of things!!

Psalm 16:7-11
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me, even at night my heart instructs me.
    I keep my eyes always on the Lord With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
    because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, 
        nor will you let your faithful[a] one see decay.
You make known to me the path of life,  you will fill me with joy in your presence,
        with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.