Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ex 13-15 I Need a New Instinct!!

January 22nd, Exodus 13-15

       God performs all of these miracles to get people out of Egypt, but fear has this funny way of creeping into our lives and overruling what we know. The Egyptians are coming and the response... "Is it because there are no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the desert." I too am no stranger to sarcasm and generally can recognize it 10 out of a possible 10 times.
       Instincts are strong and fear causes a lack of clarity. The new instinct could have been faith, it could have been... "Hey everyone remember all of those things God did to get us out of Egypt, I bet he could provide another miracle. Hey Moses ask God!!" My prayer for us is that our instinct of faith that draws us to God in difficulty would be more strong than the fear that lives in us that rises to the top very quickly in the circumstance of life. Lord let our knee-jerk reaction to life be to trust you and call on you. God takes care of his people, God watches out for you and I.
       The song of Moses. We have a song to sing. A song about the hand, majesty, and steadfast love of God. I pray that our corporate times of singing in church would come from a fresh interaction with God that moves our heart to sing and proclaim
       "I will sing unto the Lord for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider thrown into the sea! The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation: this is my God and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him." Exodus 15:1-2
       Training to have a new instinct of faith and singing with great enthusiasm while we witness the hand of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.