Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gen 4-7 Majority Rules...

Jan 2, Genesis 4-7

       The system we live in provides great sway in how we see things. The idea of majority rule, taking a vote, higher number wins is how we decide things. Today we see Cain and Able's sacrifice. One honors the Lord, one does not. Masses of people honors themselves, one does not. A key verse for me this morning was Genesis 6:5
       "The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time."
       In the majority rule world of Noah the story goes on to say that Noah found favor in the eyes of God. God interacting with his creation, noticing, inviting, instructing, providing, sustaining Noah. This is the God who invites us. Majority rule is not as important as righteousness.
       My prayer today is that my offerings, actions, thoughts, would be seen by my Father as righteous and the pain brought to my Father would not be provided by me. I know what it's like when my children bring me heartache or joy.

Thank you Lord for the way you see and are aware of hearts that do and don't belong to you. Thanks for the witness of those who have honored you. Grant me the strength, patience, wisdom and courage to be different than the majority. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.