Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ex 28-29 ZZ Top Got Some Things Right

January 27th, Exodus 28-29

       Last night we got to play dress-up. My daughter's and I went to the Father/Daughter Ball here in our town. Like everyone else, we looked good!! Girl's were crazy for their sharp dressed man! ( and vice versa) Sitting here reading about Aaron's priestly garments, it's a little overwhelming. I don't know that I could wear that to church without some serious security, heavily armed. Any church got a million dollars laying around to buy some new preaching clothes for your pastor??
       Chapter 29 reminds me why I'm glad we live in the New Testament era. God places a lot of requirements on what seems to be the minutia of detail. It seems like a very large checklist needs to be created, (don't forget the blood on the big toe of the right foot). While it's obvious that a set of instructions like these are not for our day there is one thing that is obvious, God's standard for doing things right, doing things his way is very high. Paying closer attention to God would probably mean a few of the details of my life would look a little different. This new year has been a great time for me to start paying a little more attention and I can see it paying off in the choices of my time, money and how I view times like last night with my daughters.
       When you start walking God's way, there is a new perspective that comes over you. You see things in ways you never saw them before. Not only is it a blessing for you, but everyone around you. Dressing our best in our hearts, dedicating ourselves to a level of workmanship that makes something new and spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.