Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ex 25-27 A Sanctuary: Details That Create Beauty

January 26th, Exodus 25-27

       Exodus 25:8 "Let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst." In the following details, this details might be missed by us. God seeks out His people. You and I and everyone else. 
       This passage also bears witness to the same thing we see in creation. God cares about the details. I think of orchids and and many details have been carefully thought out out. The beauty that resides in flecks and stripes and contrast of colors. It says in Genesis that God made the trees beautiful. God could have just made things functional, but he went to the finest of details to make things spectacular.
       As God is laying out the specifics on His home here on earth there are a lot of details. To be honest it's easy for me to gloss over them. I don't plan on building this, I can excuse myself from being immersed in the details. But then I think of all the craftsman who might find the wood, pound the gold, pour the mold, carve the details, make a dish, bowl, spoon or ring. I imagine an attempt on their part to create beautiful carvings. A ring is not just a ring, it's a work of art as it should be.
       I think of the spectacular nature of this building made for God. Purple and blue curtains, with brass, silver, and gold everywhere.It's a place of awe, a place of beauty, a place where each details adds to the layer of wonder.
       I think of our day. I think that God now finds a dwelling place in our hearts. Like the craftsman in days gone by, I pray that my life would grow more and more to be filled with the treasures that only a Craftsman can create. That this temple, even as it gets older and begins to crack and crumble, that the sum of my thoughts and actions would reveal a beauty, majesty of Christ alive inside. Not just a couple of pieces of nice furniture, but each detail, as an honor to the builder of all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.