Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Genesis 1-3

Jan 1,

       In the new year we are working to read through the Bible. The plan we are reading goes straight from beginning to end at the pace of 3-4 chapters per day. I am using the plan put out by Olive Tree. You can download it to your phone, tablet or PC and we'd love to have you join us.

       Gen 1-3   One of the things I wish I could do, is learn about God from scratch. To read the Bible this year and learn a prgression of things as they get revealed about God. We have so many filters in place it is hard to do, but a fresh view of God is in order for us all. One thing I notice is that God proclaims his creation good, that God intentionally makes things beautiful(yes that means you Leah(she's my wife)).
       I notice people have the same excuses they've always had, but what I really enjoy is after all of that is that God seeks out his people even when they fail. He makes clothes for them after their failed attempt.
       I also notice that God's instructions are to be taken seriously. Because of our sin, mosquitos and lions need blood, work is hard and giving birth is a drag(for the moment).
       Discipline and love, and a world filled with good and beautiful and sinful things. It's a good start to a great story.

Join us tomorrow Gen 4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.