Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gen 16-18 God's not as Worried as I am...I'll go ahead and fix it.

Jan 5th, Genesis 16-18

       Notice how God takes several thousand years to work out his plan. Maybe it's one of the benefits of eternally existing. There's no pressure of time. I only have 80 years. If God promised me I'd be a great nation, I'd need some land and some kids. As the commercial says "I WANT IT NOW!"
      Chapter 16 is classic human behavior. A need, followed by a realization, lack of faith, a plan excluding God, plan works, resentment, rejection, chaos in the home. Too often it's plan A, and often it is the way that prompts people to question God.
       Chapter 17  I notice God doesn't clear this issue up anytime soon. Four years is the span between chapters. That's a long time to resent the people you live with. God still has a plan, it still includes the people of promise, and it includes the unexpected. God will fulfill His thing, His way and what God wants from his people is to consistently be a people who ask and live in faith, rather than prescribe to God and wonder how this got offtrack.
       Other items of note: Glad I got circumcised before I could remember anything!!! There is rich blessing waiting for God to fulfill His plan. Being close to God and witnessing His power is more grand than doing my own thing. Prayers to God can be bold, never telling Him what to do, just asking(Genesis 18:22-33).
       God is fulfilling His plan in your life today. Don't fight it, just join with it and Him.

Working With God, This and Every Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.