Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gen 38-40 Worship While I'm Waiting

January 13th Genesis 38-40

       The lyrics of "While I'm Waiting" express this story of Joseph in Egypt quite well. In the midst of waiting on God to alter the circumstances of life, how will you and I hold ourselves.

       I will move ahead, bold and confident, Taking every step in obedience, While I'm waiting
              I will serve You, While I'm waiting
       I will worship , While I'm waiting
              I will not faint, I'll be running the race , Even while I wait


       To not faint, to not grow weary of doing the right thing, even when the circumstances all around feel like God has not been at work. I've certainly been there and the difficulty is rooted in our need for a choice of the will to choose worship and not bitterness while I wait. Choose serving others instead of serving myself because I "deserve" something while I wait. To learn the truth spoken in Isaiah about walking and not fainting.
       Who are we when circumstances mount against us. In a world that is unfair, God is worthy of our worship regardless. " Though he slay me, yet will I  love Him.  -Job

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.