Friday, December 6, 2013

2 Cor 10-13 Glad to have been caught

December 6th, 2 Corinthians 10-13

       Two components of Christian growth are part of today's verses.
       A.W Tozer said... "What you think about, when allowed to think about what you want, is either what you are or will become." I am fairly certain that this expression comes from 2 Cor 10:5 " We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." God's grace couldn't cover all the of junk I've done...a genuine thought...but wrong. So I take the thought captive and make it obedient to the truth which says "My grace is sufficient for you." "If we confess our sins God is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 
       We hold on to thoughts that are just a lie and God invites us to take all of those thoughts and make them be obedient to the truth. To choose the truth rather than the lie that the devil plants in our head to get us derailed. What thoughts will you choose, which one do you need to set aside for what God says? As an act of my will I choose one way over another. According to Tozer this choice, gives direction to our lives, according to God's word these thoughts set themselves up against God. Important
       Secondly, in what will I boast. My job, car, power, friends in high places, money, security, family, children's latest trick/award.  10:17 "Let one who boasts boast in the Lord."  11:30 "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." Take every thought captive and make it obedient to  Christ. I will brag about my weakness. That might require some captivity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.