Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ephesians 4-6 Wrong number...right timing!

December 10th, Ephesians 4-6

        We get a lot of wrong numbers here at church. People call for pizza, plumbing and a whole host of names I've never heard. I just got off of the phone with a lady calling for an establishment other than a church, but I figure maybe God wanted her to call this place. You wanted pizza, but maybe God has something more for you. So we spent a few minutes talking about life God, hope and our service on Sunday. Pray she comes! Wouldn't that be a cool story of phone dialing failure bringing life!!
       Ephesians 5:15 "Be very careful then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." The wrong numbers are generally an annoyance. Cutting into my day, keeping me from the task at hand. Today felt different, maybe all my interruptions should feel different. Maybe there are more opportunities out there than I have allowed.
       The rest of the passage goes on to invite us "Be filled with the Holy Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
        There are verses that just leave me with a smile. My desire to fix, improve, pursue steals a song and makes for missed opportunities...God's opportunities. The real important thing is...

Ah... phone's ringing...new opportunity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.