Saturday, December 7, 2013

Galatians 1-3 Theological words, great meaning

December 7th, Galatians 1-3

jus·ti·fied
ˈjəstəˌfīd/
adjective declared or made righteous in the sight of God.

right·eous
ˈrīCHəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable;

       "Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified." Galatians 2:16
       This verse is at the heart of Galatians. Jewish believers were demanding circumcision of gentile believers. Jesus + some other expectation = being justified and right before God. Former Jews stuck in an old pattern, forcing an issue that in the eyes of God is a none issue. Culture gets in the way of what God truly wants from us.
       Lest we think we have the upperhand in these regards, this is part of our fallen humanity. Forcing people into our cultural version of faith. Making tribesman in Africa wear a suit and tie to church, certain instruments and chord progressions as the only way to sing praise to God. You should be like us..."be a clone and kiss conviction good night, cloneliness is next to godliness right?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9lyT8UUw_I Steve Taylor: "I want to be a Clone"

       The invitation is for our debt to be paid by Christ on the cross. The sentence required is served by Christ and not Christ +... I'm not declared righteous because of my efforts. If that were true...Christ died in vain. Because of all of this their are some implications for the way I would live my life no doubt. Thus the reason I love the ongoing discussion of reconciliation. To be one with someone requires a desire on my part to say thanks and live a life where I don't disregard the one who gives me hope, life, mercy, grace.
       Praise be to God for serving my sentence of judgement. Thanks be to God for bestowing on me a sentence of righteous, when the sentence used to be "guilty." Thanks be to God for 3:29 "If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.