Monday, December 16, 2013

Ezekiel 28-30 Trippin', The Enigma, The Code

December 16th, Ezekiel 28-30

       Flipping the script, expect the unexpected, the unchosen. God owes me salvation, God owes me favor, God owes me health, wealth fortune and fame…..o wait…I'm not at the Christian bookstore, I'm reading out of the Bible. It's a little different here… trouble!!

       God speaking…"Nebuchadnezzar should be rewarded for his efforts because of what he did for me." I see reward to doing God's will. I also see correction for those who don't care about the way of God.

       I wish it were that easy always. Because I also see Martyrs, good getting punished and I see evil exploiting the poor and living in opulence. Wouldn't it be nice if all of this made sense all of the time. An enigma with no moving parts, find the code, know the answers…always.

       If we knew the code, we wouldn't need God. He would simply become the man behind the curtain. Why do you always have to know everything? Why can't something be a mystery? Is God bigger than your ability to reason? Like the prostitutes spoken of in the entry prior, if we could understand him, we'd have no more use for Him. we'd dis him and throw him away.

       When we can't understand, then there is no use either. This is the call to faith, the call to trust. Do you trust someone you do not know very well. Enter the phase of proving him o'er and o'er, Jesus Jesus precious Jesus, oh for grace to trust him more.

       If God is eager to bless Nebuchadnezzar, then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.