Monday, December 30, 2013

Revelation 13-16 Which side are you on?

December 30th, Revelation 13-16

       Seven bowls + seven angels + 666 + two beasts + 144,000 + three angels + seven plagues =??
If nothing else it equals a pretty intense story. The more I read the story, the more I am pretty convinced being a character in the story would be a little over the top. I like for all of my excitement to be in a movie, not real life.
       As I find myself in the story, I totally understand why people want to figure out the book of Revelation. First their is a need to protect myself. I want to figure out how to get out of it. Throw the word rapture in there somewhere so I know, I'm Gone!! Second it is rather interesting to immerse yourself in the descriptions of beasts with multiple heads. Can you imagine John writing all of this out. It's a vision right, it's not real?? It's sounds like it was pretty vivid, like waking up from a dream and yet panicked.
       What I do enjoy is the feeling of peace I get when God, Jesus, the angels arrive on the scene.
As a matter of clarity in the middle of chaos... 14:7"Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgement has come, and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water."
       I'm not gonna claim I know a lot, and I know about myself that I come away from a text like this with more enthusiasm about impressions than details. Some of you operate the other way, your also created in the image of God!!
       But here's my impression... God's coming back and it is in everyone's best interest to be on His side. If you are not on His side there will not be a small amount of trouble. I'm glad we serve a God who is more excited to motivate people through love. Motivations of fear are second rate. But every once in awhile it's probably a good reminder to consider which side you find yourself on. This great world we love too much is coming to an end at some point and being a follower of the one who made it all is the right place to be...for us...and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.