Sunday, December 15, 2013

Psalms 51-57 Praying with hope!

December 18th, Psalms 51-57

       The psalmist is living in the midst of a lot of heavy moments in life. This section starts out with psalm 51. A psalm written after being busted for David's sin with Bathsheba. The guilt and weight of our failure can be overwhelming. David's life and reign was never the same after this moment.
       Fast forward to Psalm 55. Another sad moment that I think we have all lived in... 55:12-14 "If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were rising against me, I could hide. But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God, as we walked among the worshipers."
       Reconciled to God, reconciled to each other. There is something to making amends in life. Part of an organization I volunteer with, encourages reconciliation for deeds of the past. It's not a bad idea.  Live at peace with everyone as far as it depends on you.
       I know it's a risk, maybe there is someone out there for whom God is calling you to reach out to. Hearing stories like the verse expressed above has become all too common. This side of heaven, I guess they will be more common than the joy of being one. Another reason to hope for heaven. In the mean time, maybe there is some reconciliation to be pursued in the here and now. Praying with hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion, add an insight, learn together.